Saint Brigid’s Parish, Gwynneville began in 1948. After using the local community hall, a decision was taken to build a church servicing the areas of Gwynneville and Keiraville. Father John Evans was the first parish priest. In more recent years the parish has been served by the priests residing at the Cathedral. In the last ten years or so the parishes of Saint Francis Xavier and Saint Brigid have moved more closely together: there is one Pastoral Council and one Finance Council.
In 2006 there were approximately 2,000 Catholics in the Gwynneville parish.