Every person baptized (or received) into the Catholic Church is entitled to receive the Sacraments of the Church. Our Pastoral Region works with you, the parents, in the Christian upbringing of your children. You have already taken the first step by having your child(ren) baptized. There are now other steps along your child(ren)’s life journey to ensure full participation in the sacramental life of the Church.
There are seven sacraments (Baptism, Confirmation, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Marriage, Anointing of the Sick and Holy Orders). In our Catholic tradition, it is usual for children of Primary School age to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation.
Each of our Children’s sacramental programmes involves:
- The attendance of Sunday Mass with their parents;
- A formal enrolment night for parents at the commencement of the school year. The date is published in the parish and parish school newsletters and state school children are informed by letters from the parish;
- The Programme is led by our Pastoral Associate and her Team.
- Two parent information sessions for each Sacrament;
- Five children’s preparation classes; and
- A children’s retreat day held at Good Samaritan School, FairyMeadow.