Thank you for considering a wedding in one of our four churches.
The following information will help you to organize your very important day. The church service is the most important part of your wedding day. So, please ensure that you contact the priest at least six months before the date of your wedding:
- to complete the necessary civil and church papers,
- to discuss the ceremony itself,
- to explore the meaning of a Christian Marriage. The Catholic Church also requires that a suitable marriage preparation course is done by the couple. Catholicare Wollongong (and other dioceses) provide such a course.
Please take note of the following:
- The usual time slots for weddings are Saturdays 2pm and 4pm. There are no Sunday weddings in our pastoral region.
- Please inform your guests that we do not allow confetti to be thrown in the church surrounds.
- The flowers at the Cathedral are arranged by Primavera Flowers.
- For music at your wedding you are required to use one of our Cathedral organists.
- Photos and videos are permitted in our churches.
- It is important that the bride be on time!
- A donation fee applies (please contact parish office for fee, charges and making the booking). A non-refundable deposit of $100 is to be made at the time of booking.
You have chosen to have your marriage blessed by the Catholic Church. We will do everything to ensure your wedding is happy and memorable, and we only ask that you give this part of the day at least as much attention and preparation that goes into the rest of the celebration.
Contact: Pastoral Region Office
36 Harbour Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
Tel: 02 4211 0500